Friday, September 27, 2013

NFL Week 4 picks

Last week: 8-8
Last night: 1-0
Season record: 34-15

So tooting one's own horn is acceptable when it can be backed up, right?  I should mention then, that I am a perfect 4-0 on Thursday night games. Of course, maybe last week's overall 8-8 should sober me a bit, so I'll save my real gloating for next week.  Meanwhile, here are the rest of the games and my prognostications....

Chicago at Detroit--Right off the bat, a tough one.  Does anyone else find the Bears (3-0) and Lions (2-1) atop in the NFC North, above Green Bay (1-2) mildly apocalyptic?  Lions 34, Bears 30

Baltimore at Buffalo--No truth to the rumor that a suit-clad Ray Lewis will be traveling with the Ravens on all road trips.  Bills 23, Ravens 20

Seattle at Houston--It would be sentimental to pick the home team here, but let's be real.  The Seahawks are giving up 9 points per game.  Nine.  Ironically that's the same number the Texans scored against Baltimore last week.  So I don't think this bodes well.  Seahawks 27, Texans 13

Cincinnati at Cleveland--I can't think of this match up without thinking of Sam Wyche grabbing a microphone and telling the fans of Cincinnati to stop being barbaric like the fans in Cleveland after they were being unruly.  Pretty soon I'll be telling some young "whippersnapper" to get off my lawn.  Bengals 19, Browns 10

Indianapolis at Jacksonville--Can't the Jags just sign Tim Tebow already?  Colts 27, Jaguars 17

NY Giants at Kansas City--I am a Giants fan, and I have to point out that I've sadly picked them to lose each week so far and have been correct each time.  It breaks my heart to be right sometimes.  Chiefs 30, Giants 16

Arizona at Tampa Bay--Oooh, set your DVRs for this one!  Bucs 20, Cardinals 14

Pittsburgh at Minnesota--Egads, we will have one less winless team after Sunday.  Unless this one ends in a tie.  And I really don't want to think that's possible.  Vikings 23, Steelers 20

NY Jets at Tennessee--Both teams are 2-1.  The Jets are winning on average by an 18-17 margin.  The Titans are winning by a 20-19 margin.  Points seem to be down everywhere.  Are offensive coordinators asleep?  Titans 20, Jets 16

Washington at Oakland--Boy I'd hate to the the Raiders' D right now.  They are about to have RG3 open up the can of whoop ass in his back pocket.  Redskins 34, Raiders 17

Philadelphia at Denver--This should be fun.  Chip Kelly hasn't figured out how to play defense and the Broncs are averaging 42 points a game.  Broncos 37, Eagles 30

Dallas at San Diego--I know I picked the Giants to lose, but if they win and Dallas loses, the Giants will be one game out of first place.  The NFC East has sure taken a dive.  Chargers 20, Cowboys 17

New England at Atlanta--The first of two prime time match ups between the AFC East and NFC South, and this one should be a beauty.  But I'm sorry Mr. Brady and Mr. Belichick, the Falcons just don't lose at home very often.  Falcons 30, Patriots 27

Miami at New Orleans--I kind of can't believe that MNF didn't wind up with Arizona and Tampa Bay this week.  They actually landed a watchable game between two 3-0 teams.  Saints 26, Dolphins 20

Bye week bonus blabbery:
Green Bay Packers--After coming back from 14-0 down last week and scoring 30 straight unanswered points to allowing 20 more unanswered points to lose 34-30 to the Bengals, the Packers are left at 1-2 wondering who cut the cheese.

Carolina Panthers--That drubbing of the Giants saved Ron Rivera's ass for two whole weeks when you take the bye into account.  Maybe three with the Cardinals looming next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment