Thursday, September 5, 2013

NFL Kickoff Game: Week 1

Holy freaking crap.  The NFL season starts tonight, and I have to be honest.  For as long the offseason usually is and seems, this one seemed to blow right by.  For the most part, anyway.  Anyway, here we are, and I hope you'll join me in predicting the games and heckling me for my predictions.  I'm going to also do the Thursday games day of and the rest of the games on Friday.
With that, let's get to it....

Baltimore at Denver--I had to check to make sure this was correct.  The Super Bowl champs are supposed to host the kickoff game, right?  I guess not this time.  The champion Ravens are visiting the Broncos in the mile high city in a playoff rematch from January.  You may remember this was a remarkable game in which the Ravens shocked Peyton Manning's Broncos in this very stadium.  Don't think Manning and John Fox and John Elway don't remember that.  But these new-look Ravens are not going to suck, Super Bowl curse be damned.  Still, I just don't see them sending all those Broncos fans home pissed off tonight.  Broncos 31, Ravens 27

No comments:

Post a Comment