Thursday, November 20, 2014

NFL picks--Week 12

Last week: 9-5
Season record: 106-55

In this wacky NFL season, it just doesn't get any easier to pick these games, does it?  I did put a feather in my own cap for picking the Rams to beat the Broncos.  From what I could tell, I was the only person in the civilized world that did.  But I got five wrong last week too.  My biggest blunder was taking the Browns over the Texans, but I wasn't the only one.  And who saw the Bengals beating the Saints in the dome?  Yikes.  With that, let's have a look at Week 12 (another yikes, this season is going too fast for my liking). 

Kansas City at Oakland--Oh how I wanted to pick the Raiders here.  They haven't won a game since like last October, but division games are always strange, and the Raiders haven't exactly shit the bed every game.  Okay, maybe a few turds.  But then I realized that Andy Reid will have his hot KC team ready and I wised up.  Chiefs 27, Raiders 17

Cleveland at Atlanta--So now that the DIVISION LEADING Falcons smell blood, they may actually start playing better.  Otherwise, let's face it, a 6-10 team could make the playoffs.  The Browns came back down to earth last Sunday against Houston but this defense will not scare them like one with JJ Watt and that Clowney fella.  And Josh Gordon is back.  Browns 23, Falcons 20

Tennessee at Philadelphia--The Titans made things interesting against Pittsburgh, and we'll see if Mark Sanchez last week just had a bad game or if he's still the same buttfumbler the Jets let go of.  Eagles 37, Titans 13

Detroit at New England--This is a tough one.  The Patriots are positively on fire, but the Lions have the NFL's best defense.  Not only that, they are number 1 against the rush and number 1 against the pass.  That is scary.  But I can't bet against Brady and Belichick at home.  Patriots 26, Lions 20

Green Bay at Minnesota--The cold on Minnesota's frozen tundra isn't much different than Green Bay's.  Packers 40, Vikings 24

Jacksonville at Indianapolis--After that rude awakening against New England, at least the Colts have a lay up here.  Colts 33, Jaguars 9

Cincinnati at Houston--The way things are going, we could very easily see these two mediocre teams meet in the playoffs again.  I wish they could both lose this game.  Texans 21, Bengals 17

NY Jets at Buffalo--Did I hear correctly that there are six FEET of snow in Buffalo?  Holy crap.  If they actually get to play this one, it won't be very entertaining, so why bother?  Bills 20, Jets 10

Tampa Bay at Chicago--Don't think Lovie Smith didn't circle this one on his calendar.  Bucs 27, Bears 24

Arizona at Seattle--It's been a nice season for the Cards, but this is a major test and I don't think they pass it.  Seahawks 19, Cards 16

St. Louis at San Diego--Don't be fooled by some of the upsets the Rams have dished out.  They are still the Rams.  Chargers 23, Rams 13

Miami at Denver--There sure are a lot of games I don't care about this week.  On paper, the Dolphins' D may give Peyton fits, but a few Omahas and he'll be good to go.  Broncos 30, Dolphins 17

Washington at San Francisco--Oh boy, here are two teams with some locker room issues.  At least the Niners are winning.  The Redskins have a serious QB dilemma and it seems to not matter who coaches this team, there are always issues and losses mounting.  Niners 31, Redskins 10

Dallas at NY Giants--I just don't get why NBC didn't flex out of this one, so now I get to watch my Giants lay another egg on national TV.  Get your popcorn ready.  Cowboys 41, Giants 24

Baltimore at New Orleans--Wait, does New Orleans play any road games?  Saints 26, Ravens 23





No comments:

Post a Comment