Friday, November 14, 2014

NFL picks--Week 11

Last week: 8-5
Season record: 97-50

Okay, so I'm slipping and slacking a bit.  Slipping in my pick-age and slacking that I am getting these up a day late.  Regardless, let's see....I should first say I would have picked Miami last night.  Last week I told you I would have picked Cincinnati so you know I would not cheat.  So, with that, let's see what the rest of the slate looks like. 

Minnesota at Chicago--For me this conjures up memories of Chuck Foreman and Walter Payton, and these teams had some epic games in the '70's.  Alas it's 2014 and both of them are tumbling.  Bears 20, Vikings 17

Houston at Cleveland--A letdown would be natural for the Browns after they absolutely destroyed the Bengals in Cincinnati, where the home team almost never loses.  But these Browns are different and I'm rooting for them.  Browns 20, Texans 13

Atlanta at Carolina--Talk about teams that are tumbling.  Wow, there are some disappointments this year, and also some feel good stories like the Browns.  Panthers 21, Falcons 20

Cincinnati at New Orleans--The Bengals were #1 in a lot of power rankings a few weeks ago.  The Saints were a preseason Super Bowl pick for many.  Now it's a game between two mediocre teams possibly going in opposite directions.  Oh, and Jimmy Graham....that was dumb.  I can say that knowing you're a couple thousand miles away.  Saints 31, Bengals 17

Tampa Bay at Washington--Wait, is RG3 still the QB?  Is Kirk Cousins still a Redskin?  Is Lovie Smith a bad coach or was he dealt a crappy team?  These are the things I think about when I have nothing else to think about.  Redskins 34, Bucs 20

Denver at St. Louis--My boy Drew Magary accurately said in his column on Deadspin yesterday that Peyton Manning loses big games because he unravels when things don't go exactly his way.  This is so true.  On Sunday, Jeff Fisher's Rams are going to give Manning all the defense he can handle, just like Seattle did in the Super Bowl.  Oh yeah, upset city.  Rams 23, Broncos 20

San Francisco at NY Giants--Oh Giants, why do you torture me so?  Well he's the good news.  The Niners are back in the hunt and the Giants are not, so there are no expectations on my team anymore.  Just get a good draft pick.  Niners 37, Giants 24

Seattle at Kansas City--The Seahawks are vulnerable on the road, and the Chiefs are pretty good at home.  You can see where I'm going here, though I'm having a hard time actually pulling the trigger.  Chiefs 20, Seahawks 19

Oakland at San Diego--Since Tony Sparano took over for Dennis Allen, the Raiders are what, 0-4?  He's about to match Allen's record in 2014.  So much for burying that football before his first game.  Chargers 27, Raiders 10

Detroit at Arizona--Holy moly, the late games (except for the one above this) are awesome.  This game could quite possibly be a preview of the NFC title game.  Cards 19, Lions 16

Philadelphia at Green Bay--Holy moly, this game could also quite possibly be a preview of the NFC title game.  Packers 41, Eagles 38

New England at Indianapolis--A few years ago, my buddy Dave and I went to Indy for the Pats/Colts game when they were both 7-0 or something.  It was Manning vs. Brady in one of the most epic games of that rivalry and New England won.  We sat next to James Sanders' (S for Pats) family and were high-fiving his parents.  Why do I say this?  Because this could quite possibly be a preview of the AFC title game, and Luck vs. Brady is pretty freaking cool too.  Colts 30, Patriots 27

Pittsburgh at Tennessee--And then we have yet another Monday night clunker.  Look at this slate of games in Week 11.  You mean to tell me you guys couldn't have picked a better one?  Sheesh.  Steelers 26, Titans 17

No comments:

Post a Comment