Saturday, October 4, 2014

NFL picks--Week 5

Last week: 8-5
Season record: 37-24

My apologies that this is a few days later that usual.  And I hope you believe me when I say I would have picked the Packers over the Vikings on Thursday night.  It's not always easy picking which team will blow out the other on Thursday Night Football, but it's easy predicting that there will be a blowout.  Here are the rest of the games.....

Chicago at Carolina--These teams are both a bit schizophrenic, especially considering the Bears are 2-0 on the road and 0-2 at home.  I think that streak ends here.  Panthers 20, Bears 17

Cleveland at Tennessee--Man, I so want to pick the Browns here, but my sixth sense won't let me.  Titans 23, Browns 19

St. Louis at Philadelphia--What, they couldn't put this one on Thursday night?  Eagles 30, Rams 14

Atlanta at NY Giants--See, this is why being a Giants fan makes me crazy.  Suddenly everyone is on their bandwagon and everyone is off the Falcons' bandwagon.  Which means Eli will throw 3-4 picks in this and the Giants will find a way to lose.  Falcons 31, Giants 27

Tampa Bay at New Orleans--Wow, the Saints have issues, don't they?  Everyone seemed to pick them for the Super Bowl...not so much now.  Saints 38, Bucs 17

Houston at Dallas--A very interesting battle of Texas.  Right now the Cowboys are clicking and I can't see them losing this in-state rivalry.  Cowboys 27, Texans 20

Buffalo at Detroit--I can't go against the Lions at home right now.  Lions 34, Bills 16

Baltimore at Indianapolis--Ignore the records (Baltimore 3-1, Indy 2-2), this Indianapolis team is suddenly emerging as an offensive powerhouse.  Colts 35, Ravens 31

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville--If you can figure the Steelers out, you are smarter than me.  The Jags, on the other hand, are easy to figure out.  They still stink.  Steelers 31, Jaguars 24

Arizona at Denver--Yikes.  Suddenly everyone is on the Cardinals.  And they have the D to drive Peyton Manning crazy.  But I just don't see it here.  Broncos 23, Cardinals 19

Kansas City at San Francisco--The Alex Smith is Bitter Bowl.  Niners 24, Chiefs 17

NY Jets at San Diego--Can Andrew Siciliano stop calling it SON Diego?  Whatever he calls it, the team is pretty good.  Chargers 20, Jets 13

Cincinnati at New England--I'm just not sure the Pats have this thing figured out yet.  And they are about to play against a buzz saw.  Bengals 17, Patriots 16

Seattle at Washington--The Skins have had 10 days to rest while the Hawks have had 14.  If the Giants can crush this team in DC, I'm kind of afraid for Kirk Cousins on Monday night.  Seattle 30, Redskins 17




No comments:

Post a Comment