Friday, January 14, 2011

NFL Picks: Divisional Round Weekend

Last week: 1-3
Playoff record: 1-3

Yikes. Last weekend I picked New Orleans, Indy, Kansas City and Green Bay, and only hit on Green Bay. But really, I know I wasn't the only one to pick New Orleans, and Indy lost to the Jets by one point and because of poor clock management by their coach. It was the KC game that I was way off on, and I realize that was dumb on my part anyway, because my preseason Super Bowl pick was Green Bay/Baltimore. So that's it....i'm sticking with my earlier projections from here on out!

Baltimore at Pittsburgh--Well, what, did you think I was going back on my word? Nevermind that I think in my heart of hearts that the Steelers will win. This pick is merely to tell myself, "Self, "I told you so." Ravens 16, Steelers 13

Green Bay at Atlanta--I realize the Falcons are the 1-seed and they are near impossible to beat at home. But the Packers could easily be 17-0 right now. That, and they bring that vaunted passing attack in to face the 22nd ranked pass defense. Note to Falcons' D--watch the play action, because Greg Jennings will run right past you. Packers 31, Falcons 27

Seattle at Chicago--By all accounts, the Seahawks should not be here, yet for as scared as Bears' fans must be right now, they also have to be more afraid of the Saints. Then again, this Hawks' team is armed and extremely dangerous right now, and they will make Chicago sweat despite frigid temps. Bears 20, Seahawks 17

NY Jets at New England--You know, the Jets were one of two teams to beat New England this season, the other being Cleveland. That is not a misprint. Then, the Patriots embarrassed the Jets 45-3 on Monday Night Football in early December for the so-called Game of the Year. But this one is for a shot at the AFC title, so no way do the Jets lie down like dogs this time. That doesn't mean, however, that they will win. Patriots 27, Jets 20

No comments:

Post a Comment